Makes Approx 12-16 donuts
1/4 cup 365 Nourish Chocolate Greens Superfood Powder or Chocolate Magnesium Complex Powder
2 cups roasted hazelnuts
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 packed cups medjool dates
Splash of water if necessary
2/3 cup melted coconut oil
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp salt
Toppings: Chopped hazelnut/freeze dried strawberry
- Blend the donut mix ingredients (all except the dates) in a food processor until a fine crumb forms. Add the dates and continue to blend until it binds into a dough, adding splash of water if necessary (you don’t want it too sticky however).
- Press the dough into silicone donut moulds and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When donuts are fully frozen, whisk together the chocolate icing until silky smooth.
- Dip each donut (top first) into the chocolate and set on a tray to solidify.
- Top each donut with crushed hazelnuts and freeze dried strawberry.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze for up to a month, thawing as needed.